WHY THE BIG DEAL???
BECAUSE THE CENTER NEEDS HELP!
Over the last 50+ years, the center has seen and survived economic depressions, recessions and more. Each challenge is blessed by resources. Over last two years, the normally consistent funding sources have dwindled. The Center had a LARGE, LARGE NUMBER OF UNUSUAL PITFALLS recently.
- Lost a couple renters, that outgrew the space.
- Had an ice machine and other equipment fail that needed replacement.
- Underwent mold inspections (which it passed)
- Needed to repair some water damage.
- The list goes on, but The Center has, as always, weathered the storm.
THE FINANCIAL HIT HAS BEEN BAD, but the staff, board and members have marched ahead, to nourish hundreds of 55-110 year old bodies with large, complete meals and activities to nourish minds and meaningful friendships that lead to longer, happier lives.
WHY IS THERE NO MONEY?
Here are a few of the major reasons.
• The center survives on public donations, bequests, and a few small grants.
• It doesn’t take State or Federal Funding by the design of it’s founders, which is a good thing.
• It does not have tax-based funding, like many centers that are operated by cities, parks departments or commercially.
• There is a tiny bit of Bingo profit, but there are BIG PAYOUTS that affect the consistency of that revenue. Bingo is mostly an activity to keep minds alert and the fun of light gambling that many seniors and community members like.
• There is a tiny bit of sales profit from our 2nd Chance Boutique.
• Food at the center feeds our seasoned citizens and gets them together for a social meal. We take a FINANCIAL LOSS, but the meal program was designed to provide a LARGE, nutritious meal that many save and eat for dinner too.
• Card games, dominoes, square dancing, line dancing, memory care classes, sewing classes, pool games, onsite blood pressure tests, advice about other community resources, onsite hearing tests and the like don’t create revenue, THEY CREATE HAPPY, HEALTHY SENIORS!
Otherwise, OUR DONATIONS are what operate The Center. It serves approximately 900 Members and 50 to 200 Members and Non-Members show up each weekday for food, activities and some even play Bingo on Saturdays.
This is truly a NEED & BENEFIT TO OUR RESPECTED ELDERS.
FREE BUSINESS AVERTISING TO 30,000
BUSINESSES PLEASE, ELDERS NEED US
I’ll match your donation with some FREE advertising you can’t normally buy!
My name is Ryan Mallory (www.OregonMarketingPros.com and www.ScannerGroup.com). I am a Board Member at The Center and am donating my businesses’ labor and advertising access to YOUR BUSINESS for it’s donation.
GET NORMALLY EXCLUSIVE ADS TO 30,000 WITH YOUR DONATION TO THE CENTER
Donate $1000 or more online or in person, and have your business featured in a high-visibility advertisement focusing on only YOUR BIZ. Jackson County Scanner Group has almost 30,000 Members with 96% in Southern Oregon. They will donate a post with your website, a nice thank-you and personal referral from an owner of the group. It’s an opportunity to help a GREAT charity that does amazing good for the Seasoned Citizens in our community.
1. You’ll get normally EXCLUSIVE ADVERTISING to 30,000 Facebook accounts in Southern Oregon. GREAT visibility for FREE with your dontation to The Center
2. You will also get your website linked logo on the center’s site at www.MedfordSeniorCenter.org.
INDIVIDUAL DONORS & RECOGNITION
INDIVIDUAL DONORS ARE CHERISHED
Make a donation of any amount online and get listed in a Community Hero page on The Center’s website that will be posted to Jackson County Scanner Group, with almost 30,000 local Members. Best of all, know that:
Your donation, large or small, will make sure a large group of seniors in Jackson County will still get the food, fun and community care that is THE CENTER!
• New Roof (grant) and others are likely to be renewed. Grants are often for physical improvements.
• New Exterior Paint (non-cash donations & volunteers)
• New Office Manager Hired (to organize and help with operations)
• New Computers were installed to replace the 10yo ones that hinder staff (volunteers)
• Additional New Computer being installed to frustrate less Members (volunteers)
• Successful Yard & Parking Lot Sale to reduce inventory was held in recent weeks (volunteers & donations)
• Renovating 2nd Chance Boutique (volunteers & non-cash donations)
• Developing a “STEP-UP for Seniors Walk-A-Thon in the Spring” (volunteers & donations)
• Meeting with Parks & City Officials to develop relationships
• THOUSANDS of seniors eat, play bingo, shop, chat and enjoy activities each month
• Working hard to pay the bills and save for a qualified Executive Director and Contract Grant Writer
• There are more, but I we wanted to make sure YOU know that we are VERY RESOURCEFUL and good stewards of what we manage.
Medford Senior Center is a 501c3 Non-Profit, allowing you to use your paypal receipt or hand receipt from onsite donations for accounting and tax purposes. Most situations allow for tax reduction. Consult your accountant.